Happening This Week at First Presbyterian Church of Troy
8:30 Adult Sunday School
12:00 Korean Worship
10:30 Handbell Rehearsal
5:30 Session Meeting
7:00 Choir Rehearsal
6:00 Women’s A. A
7:30 Korean Worship
8:00 Narcotics Anonymous
10:00 A. A. Group
10:00 Polio Support Group
12:00 Korean Worship
GEMS: God’s Elegant Mature Servants
GEMS will meet on Thursday, September 28th at 12:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. The speaker will be Philip Weitlauf, Michigan War Dog Memorial with presentation including K-9 Ziva as a War Dog Representative. The menu for lunch will include chicken salad & egg salad on croissants, salads, vegetables and desserts. Please see the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board outside of Fellowship Hall. We would love for you to come and bring a friend! For more information, please contact Kathy Hyde or Debbie Leafdale.
Save The Date: Fun Friday
Mark your calendar for October 20th at 6:00 p.m.! We will start the evening with a spaghetti dinner (with homemade sauce). Then we can all join in on some very friendly and easy games for all ages. Plan on bringing a game of your own if you would like. Hope to see all of you there! Christian Ed. is sponsoring this event.
Pastor Ann Shares…
Thoughts from the co-moderator of PCUSA – a large bit of advice for being more caring and involved in our day to day interactions with other human beings.
As we started last week with ten suggestions for being there for others, here are the second five.
6. Expect the best of people. We really do not know what another person may be experiencing. All that is in another’s mind and life does affect behavior, so do your best to understand and look for the “BEST.”
7. Do not make assumptions based on age, skin color, accent, gender, educational level, or dress.
8. Stop for a few moments every couple of hours and breathe deeply.
9. Thank God that you and your loved ones are alive. Some of us know that life can end in an instant.
10. Consider at least one piece of art every single day. It might be a flower. It might be a goldfish. It might be your beloved’s face. Stare at it and suck in that beauty.
Whatever else, consider what it means to love yourself, your neighbor, and God. Thanks be to God.
September Mission Project — Presbyterian Ingathering
There is a Board in the Narthex with items Presbytery has assigned our Church to provide for the 2017 Ingathering of items requested by some 30+ local agencies helping the less fortunate. Please consider purchasing one or more items indicated on the board. If you decide to participate, please take a tag off the board, purchase the item and return it to church by September 24th with the tag from the board attached and noting the value or price paid for each item. Your generosity is appreciated.
Joyce Peterson, Mission Committee
Mark Your Calendar with these Upcoming Events:
-September 18th, Session Meeting, 5:30 p.m.
-September 27th, Book Group, 7:00 p.m.
-September 28th, GEMS, 12:00 noon