We are proud to partner with many organizations serving the local community. These are a few we help in providing community assistance annually:
- Troy People Concerned: Backpacks and other projects
- Thanksgiving gift cards to needy families
- Bring Him a Gift (gifts for select needy families at Christmas)
- Presbyterian Women Ingathering
- Easter gift cards
- Collect food for Food Pantry
- Host free Community Dinners
- Mitten Tree: at Christmas time hats, mittens, gloves and scarves are collected and donated to COTS (Coalition On Temporary Shelter).
- Stuff a Van: gently used clothing is collected throughout the year for those in need and brought to Fort Street Presbyterian Church of Detroit for distribution. This is an ongoing ministry and is especially important during the colder months.
- Host American Red Cross Blood Drives
- Community Support Programs meeting weekly at our church
Volunteering in our Community
After recently partnering with Kirk in the Hills to volunteer in the community, we’ve found many new ways in which we can help. Several of our members went to Fort Street Presbyterian to help feed the homeless, and to Forgotten Harvest to sort vegetables.
Our Book Club meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Books are chosen by a consensus of the participants and we read a wide variety of titles, both fiction and nonfiction. Everyone is welcome so please come when you can!
Join us for Movie Morning the second Wednesday of every month (September-May) at 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary. We always have a current movie, a little trivia contest and popcorn. It’s a fun time for all.